เนื่องในโอกาสที่สมเด็จพระสันตะปาปาฟรังซิส เสด็จเยือนประเทศไทยอย่างเป็นทางการเมื่อวันที่ 20-23 พฤศจิกายน 2019 นี้ พระองค์ได้กระทำภารกิจมากมายหลายที่ รวมถึงทรงประกอบพิธีบูชาขอบพระคุณร่วมกับบรรดาเยาวชนไทยและเยาวชนจากประเทศเพื่อนบ้าน ในวันนั้นพระองค์ทรงเทศน์สอนบรรดาเยาวชน และนี่คือ 10 ข้อความสำคัญสำหรับบรรดาเยาวชน
Ten Key points from the homily during the Holy Mass with Young People at Cathedral of the Assumption (Bangkok) Friday, 22 November 2019
Let us go out to meet Christ the Lord, for he is coming!
1. Let us welcome Christ with immense joy and love.
2. Lord is seeking us; he comes out to meet us and calls us to make, create and shape a future.
3.The Lord knows that through you, young people, the future is coming into this land and the world, and He is counting on you to carry out your mission today.
4. Pope’s three questions (for young people):-
a. Do you want to keep alive the fire that keeps you burning brightly amid darkness and difficulties?
b. Do you want to be prepared to answer the Lord’s call? Do you want to be ready to do his will?
c. How can you obtain the oil that will keep you moving forward, that impels you to seek the Lord in every situation?
5. You are heirs to a precious history of evangelization that has been handed down to you as a sacred treasure
6. In order that the fire of the Spirit will keep burning, so that you can keep your eyes bright and your hearts aflame, you need to be deeply rooted in the faith of your ancestors: your parents, grandparents and teachers.
7. Not to be stuck in the past, but to learn to find the courage that can help us respond to ever new situations.
8. Without this firm sense of rootedness, we can be swayed by the “voices” of this world that compete for our attention.
9. Dear young people, you are a new generation, with new hopes, new dreams and new questions, and surely some doubts as well, yet firmly rooted in Christ. I urge you to maintain your joy and to look to the future with confidence. Rooted in Christ, view all things with the joy and confidence born of knowing that the Lord has sought us out, found us and loved us infinitely. Friendship cultivated with Jesus is the oil needed to light up your path in life and the path of all those around you: your friends and neighbors, your companions at school and work, including those who think completely unlike yourselves.
10. Let us go out to meet Christ the Lord, for he is coming! Do not be afraid of the future or allow yourselves to be intimidated. Rather, know that the Lord is waiting for you there, in that future, in order to prepare and celebrate the banquet of his kingdom.